I prepared the butter ahead of time, and wrapped in foil earlier in the day. Took them out of the fridge to come to room temperature about 20 minutes prior to grilling.
The Cotija, a salty, feta-like Mexican cheese, compliments the lime and cilantro nicely.
Makes: 4 servings
PointsPlus™ Value Per Serving: 6-10*
[*Busy Crab Note: Depends on the amount of butter used.]
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, chopped finely
- 1/2 a lime, zested and juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 ears of corn, schucked and cleaned
- Cotija cheese, crumbled (I estimate that I used 1/4 cup)
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, chopped cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, sea salt and cayenne pepper thoroughly.
- Wrap corn individually in foil.
- Roast for about 20 minutes on the grill.
- Top each ear with a tablespoon (or more) of the cilantro-lime butter and sprinkle Cotija cheese on top.
- If desired, sprinkle extra cilantro over the corn and serve with lime wedges and extra butter on the side.