Makes: 6 servings
PointsPlus™ Value Per Serving: 8 (or 6*)
[*Busy Crab Note: When I made the recipe, I used a 4 oz. package of diced pancetta. That reduced the PointsPlus value to 6 per serving.]
Original recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri and Foodnetwork.com.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) blue cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a saute pan over high heat.
- Add the onions and bacon and cook until the bacon is crispy.
- To the same pan add the balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush the romaine lettuce with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, place on the grill cut side down, and quickly sear (1-3 minutes, depending on desired “doneness”.
- Serve the lettuce, cut side up, and drizzle the balsamic dressing over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and garnish with cracked black pepper.