This is a Food Network recipe, courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. She’s one of my go-to sources for fresh, flavorful and easy recipes and this one is no exception.
Giada’s recipe says that it serves 6, but, to get the points down, I’m pretty sure you can share it with even more folks. With that in mind, I presented a points range below: the lower the points you want, the more friends to invite over to share!
PointsPlus™ Value: 5-7
- 15 oz cannellini (white) beans
- 2 cloves garlic (medium)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil (plus an additional 4 Tbsp olive oil)
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp black ground pepper
- 6 large whole wheat pita(s)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
- Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour the remaining oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.
- Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.