A refreshing summer cocktail. Someone find me a pitcher. Stat! 🙂
Inspired by Pillsbury.com; modified for optimum PointsPlus™ values.
- Original Recipe: 7 PointsPlus™
- Recipe Makeover*: 3 PointsPlus™
- Servings: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
1/2 cup sugar† (11 pts)
1 cup orange-flavored liqueur (30 pts)*
1 cup Vodka* (19 pts)
2 medium peaches or nectarines, thinly sliced, slices cut into half (0 pts)
1 medium orange, thinly sliced, cut in half if desired (0 pts)
1 lemon, thinly sliced (0 pts)
1 lime, thinly sliced (0 pts)
3 cups (750 ml bottle) dry white wine, chilled* (24 pts)
4 cups (1 liter) club soda, chilled (0 pts)
*Busy Crab Note: Substituting the asterisked items (all containing alcohol) reduces the PointsPlus value to 3 per serving:
- Substitute 1 cup orange juice (3 pts) for 1 cup orange-flavored liqueur (30 pts)
- Substitute 1 cup diet lemon-lime soda (0 pts) for 1 cup Vodka (19 pts)
- Substitute 3 cups chilled white grape juice (4 pts) for 3 cups white wine (24 pts)
†Replacing white sugar with a sugar substitute such as Splenda reduced the overall recipe by 1 point; no impact to PointsPlus on a per serving basis.
- In pitcher, stir sugar, orange-flavored liqueur (or orange juice) and vodka (or lemon-lime soda) until sugar is dissolved.
- Add fruits and wine (or white grape juice) and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, add the club soda; stir gently to mix.
- Serve immediately. If desired, serve over ice. Garnish with a fruit wedge and…Fiesta!